Tags

, , , , ,

2013-05-30 09.41.08

Hi there.

Well today is the 1st of another month and that means a new challenge for the 

Clarity Stamp Challenge. 

Have you looked at all the lovely entries last month, it is  both inspiring and humbling to

see all the lovely artwork.

Congratulations to Winner, who will be receiving a £50.00 Clarity Voucher and

to the top 5 whose will be cards will be featured over the next month and to all who entered, thank you.

This month the theme is Mr & Mrs.

I decided to do a Save the Date Magnet, with the wording of

Save the date we are tying the knot for something a little different.

I know that the date I used is far in advance, but you can never be too early.

Hope you like it, don’t forget to leave me a comment.

The method and ingredients used are below.

Bye for now.

How to make:

I used Black Archival ink and both the letter box and numbers kit and stamped on clear shrink plastic  for the words and numbers spacing them out over the entire sheet. ALLOW TO DRY, you know why I have used bold and capital lettering for this, lets just say it had to be done more than once. When dry turn the work  over and drop Ranger Alcohol inks on the back, varying the colours over adjacent letters and not covering them entirely. Remember the colour will intensify when shrunk. I then put few drops of  gold in a corner, dragged it with a very fine paint brush through some of the letters. ALLOW TO DRY.  Cut out the letters and numbers and  placed them on a silicon baking tray, lightly dusted with corn flour. Place in a preheated over at 167 degrees for about 3 minutes and watch the magic.When cool  carefully lift off the letters/numbers and place on a white sheet of copy paper.

I then stamped with Black Archival ink the frame (Picture Framing Kit) on the Clarity double sided sticky sheets , then carefully recovered this side with the clarity paper and removed the paper from the back. I then covered entirely it in gold flakes. I laid out the tiles in order on the white piece of paper and removed the covering  from the front side of the sticky back plastic I carefully placed each tile with a tweezer,(each tile is approx half a centimeter). I then placed the acetate on top.

I trimmed back the sticky and acetate and then mounted it using the red strong tape onto a little green pearl card and then onto a piece of embossed purple card. I attached with glue, a small cut piece of  magnetic sheeting to the back.  

                                                                                                                                                                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Advertisements