Hi there and good morning.
Well its the 1st of a new month again, and the start of a new Challenge at http://claritystampchallenge.blogspot.co.uk.
This months theme is “Oh I do like to be beside the seaside” and this was what I made.
Congratulations to all of the other members of the design team for beautiful and I think inspiring artwork.
I hope you have also been looking at all the beautiful projects that all the Clarity Stampers have
been making, they are wonderful and clever.
It is always so hard to pick the top five and I hope that this months winner will enjoy
spending their £50.00 voucher.
I hope you like what I have made and please let me know what you think.
If you have any questions, please ask.
The steps for making this card were as follows;
All the crafting supplies are available from the Clarity Website, except for the Big and Juicy, which has been discontinued, but any combinations of the blue adriondacks will work as well.
1. Brayer Waterfall Big and Juicy on Clarity Coated Card.
2. Spritz with a little water and place crinkled up cling film on top leave to dry.
3. Stamp Mermaid onto the center of the card with black adriondack ink and heat emboss with clear embossing powder.
4. Using perfect pearls mixed with a little water colour in some of the bubbles with a little colour. Brush the entire card very lightly with a few sweeps of the turquoise perfect pearls..
5. Stamp and heat emboss the mermaid as before on a 2nd piece of Clarity Coated Card. Using a the fine sable brush paint in face, upper body and arms
of the mermaid with biscuit perfect pearls and each of the scales with the colours photographed below. Leave dry and cut out. Finish the edges of the cut out mermaid with a little ink.
6. Stick the cut out version of the mermaid onto the background version, lining up carefully.
7. Use a little of the different perfect pearls very lightly dap some of the edges of the bubbles with a little perfect pearls.
8. Stamp the dandelion leaf (which I think makes great seaweed) using lettuce and espresso and stamp the larger bubbles with black, all adriondack inks. Stamp the little fish again in black and paint in with
the perfect pearls.
9. Use glossy accents on the individual bubbles. Use glossy accents on the seaweed alternating by covering some in part and others completely. Cover the scales again with glossy accents in full on the mermaid.
And its done.