Tags

, , , , , ,

Hello,

Well I’m hoping Summer will finally arrive soon.

I have had the heat on here this week it’s been so cold.

Super creations for the July Challenge if you have not looked at them or taken part this month you have to have a look at

http://claritystampchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/challenge-29.html

Well this month’s Clarity Blog Challenge is a very interesting on one.

It’s called Bingo. You can use all the items or any 3 in a row

vertically or horizontally.

Challenge 30

As I said interesting, well this is what I made, hope you like it.

2015-07-23 18.51.04

I started with the largest square Clarity Canvas board.

2015-07-22 12.44.19

I used a Plastic plate centered on the canvas and marked the curve lightly with

a pencil, then using a ruler pencilled in two straight lines from the curve down to mark an arch.

You could of course use the arch stencil from Clarity, but my project was much larger.

2015-07-22 13.03.42

Next I carefully taped the brick Stencil in place, alighted along my straight pencil marks. I spread the grunge paste through the stencil  and did it section by section allowing it to dry in-between. Once all the sections were dry carefully rubbed out any pencil marks that were showing.

2015-07-22 15.48.25

The wonderful Clarity Brushes, my blending mat and some distress inks ( as shown here) and the brick work was completed.

2015-07-22 16.49.41

Covering the brick work with pieces of paper I created my scene, using the techniques I have explained in earlier blogs. I was too caught up in the project to take photos of each step, sorry.

I then stamped my scene, the stamps being Large Swing, Meadow Dance and of course the small birds. What scene you make is up to you, so many to choose from. The reflection was done in the old fashioned way, running the brayer over the stamped image, thereby picking it up and then placing it down by rolling the brayer thereby transferring the image. Then the actual image is stamped. I softened the straight edges of the girl on the swing and the children, by painting over with straight stamped images with acrylic paint. You could of course stamped the edge on a piece of paper it would have worked well too.

Next came the plaint and flowers on the arch, these were done using the branches and leave wheelie stencil and sponging the ink though it. The flowers are from the vase stencil issued last month with the New Design Club and grunge paste, then coloured with acrylic paints pink and a touch of white.I have not see the  stencil used to layer layer on layer of grunge past i.e. the brick, then stenciling and another stencil the flowers. I will have to experiment at little more with this.

Clarity challenge Aug 2015

Well now you know what I have done, hope you like it and that you will join in this months Challenge. Don’t forget to check out all the Clarity Blog Challenge design team projects, they are sure to spark your imagination.

See you soon.

Naomi

Advertisements